You don’t need a rice cooker to make perfect rice. In fact, all you need is a medium sized baking dish with a lid, an oven and some hot water. Dish it out with a measuring cup to get a fancy little mound of rice and don’t forget to use the leftovers the next day for fried rice!
*Note: I fortunately get to buy a local long grain white rice and prefer that over brown rice. You may need to adjust the ratio of water to rice for brown rice, basmati, etc.
- 1.5 cups white long grain rice
- 2.75 cups boiling water
- In a medium sized baking dish with a lid add your 1.5 cups of rice.
- Boil 2.75 cups water and once it reaches a boil add it to your baking dish of dried rice.
- Cover with a lid and bake for 1 hour at 375º F.
- After the hour, remove from oven, remove the lid and fluff with a fork.
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving.