This ain’t the first time you’ve seen this recipe. I’m using it over on the Bow Tie Baller as well but I think it’s so good that it deserves it’s own section. I came up with this after reading about traditional alfredo sauce. From what I’ve read, the cheese is usually mixed with water used from boiling pasta. Armed with that information I decided to make a very simple cashew cream, mix it with some pasta broth, and voila! The result is amazing. I hope you dig it. This sauce will cover about 2-3 cups of dry pasta once the pasta’s been cooked.
- 1/2 cup raw cashes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup pasta broth (liquid leftover from boiling pasta)
- Soak the cashews overnight with plenty of water covering them (or if you're in a hurry, boil them in a good amount of water for about 15-20 minutes).
- Once your cashews are soaked put them in a high powered blender or food processor with the soy milk, salt and pepper. Blend until incredibly smooth.
- After you've boiled your pasta keep about 1/4 cup of the broth.
- Mix that pasta broth in with your cashew cream and stir into the pasta.
- This will cover about 2-3 cups of dry pasta after it's cooked.
- Add as much of the sauce as you'd like, continually stirring. You can even do this over very low heat. The sauce will start to thicken up leaving you with a beautifully creamy, incredibly easy, alfredo!